Joseph N. Ziebert is a partner and intellectual property lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP where he handles intellectual asset procurement and management; intellectual property litigation; and intellectual property due diligence for licenses, agreements, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in both large and small transactions. He is a member and former chair of the firm’s Electronics Practice and a member of the Green Energy Technologies Practice and Medical Devices Industry Team.
- Completed a secondment as chief IP counsel for Rockwell Collins, Inc. where he managed all intellectual property legal affairs, including corporate intellectual property training; intellectual asset procurement and management; intellectual property litigation; and intellectual property due diligence for licenses, agreements, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Provided IP due diligence support for one of the largest acquisitions in Wisconsin history
- Patent portfolio procurement and management for a number of significant product lines of Fortune 500 companies
- Facilitated a large number of patent harvesting sessions and innovation workshops for a variety of clients
Awards and Recognition
- 250 World’s Leading IP strategists by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine (2009-2012).
- Recognized among IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (2013-2016, 2020-2021).
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Patent Law (2012-2024).
- 2015, IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property magazine.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for his significant expertise in advising leading clients on a broad range of IP portfolio management, development and enforcement matters.
- Speaker on issues relating to intellectual property law developments and practice points.
- Speaker at the 31st Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference sponsored by the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law (April 6-8, 2016).