Foley Partner J. Mark Waxman will be speaking at the American Conference Institute's (ACI) "Government Healthcare Fraud Enforcement" conference, June 19 - 20, 2007 at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in Alexandria, VA.
Topic: False Claims Act Investigations, Litigation, and Corrective Action: Emerging Theories, Trends, and Legislative Developments
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Time: 9:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Preparing for the operational and litigation management issues that arise as the result of whistleblower suits
- Dealing simultaneously with government and whistleblower counsel
- Maintaining good management-employee relationships during whistleblower litigation
- Assessing the impact of Rockwell International v. U.S. ex rel. Stone on the concept of "original source" on healthcare fraud and abuse litigation
- Defending providers for alleged violations of the FCA where no conduct violates Medicare rules "scheme to defraud"
- Identifying appropriate whistleblower protections and understanding the employment law issues that arise in the context of a whistleblower suit
Moderator: Gregory M. Luce, Co-Chair, Health Care Practice Group, Jones Day
- J. Mark Waxman, Chair, Health Care Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Jonathan Diesenhaus, Partner, Hogan & Hartson LLP, Former Senior Trial Counsel, Civil Division, USDOJ