As globalization increasingly becomes the strategic priority for Chinese companies, more businesses are eyeing overseas markets and recognize the importance of IP protection.
Foley is proud to sponsor “Successfully Managing Your IP Strategies and Protection Rights in Multiple Jurisdictions,” LexisNexis’ Sixth Annual Conference on Corporate Intellectual Property in China. The conference, to be held on May 26 and 27, 2011 in Shanghai, will feature an international panel of speakers providing practical analysis of recent IP developments in China and in other jurisdictions around the globe.
As a conference sponsor, Foley will present a workshop, titled "IP Opportunities and Challenges in the United States," on the afternoon of the first day of the conference. The interactive panel session will address IP-related hot topics in the United States, including:
- A USPTO insider's perspective on the latest developments in the U.S. IP landscape and the effect on the IP strategies of Chinese businesses
- Proactive strategies for managing patent risks when doing business in the United States
Foley Workshop Speakers
- Hon. Sharon R. Barner, Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the USPTO (2009 – 2011) and Foley Intellectual Property Partner
- Steven J. Rizzi, Foley China Practice Chair and Intellectual Property Partner
- Guang Yang, Ph.D., Associate Director, New Products Development, GlaxoSmithKline R&D China
For registration or more information, please contact Delia Dai at email@example.com or 001.312.832.4506, or Michael Lv at firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 (21) 5228. 6122, ext. 20.