Alexis K. Juergens is an associate and Intellectual Property attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is based in the firm’s Salt Lake City office where she is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group.
Alexis served as a litigation associate for a law firm in Salt Lake City where she specialized in intellectual property and complex litigation, including litigation in front of the International Trade Commission. Alexis has experience with a broad variety of intellectual property matters, including patent infringement, trade mark and trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, and trade secret misappropriation. During law school she served as a legal intern for the United States District Court in Salt Lake City where she conducted legal research concerning various civil cases and drafted bench memorandums.
- Providing ongoing representation for a leading fitness company in patent, trademark, trade secret, advertising, and unfair competition lawsuits in courts across the United States.
- Representing a leading home automation and security system provider in U.S. Patent infringement litigation.
- Represented a multinational software and information technology business in U.S. Patent infringement litigation.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trademark Law, Intellectual Property Seminar, and Judicial Process
- Recipient, OAA Award for Most Outstanding Performance in Copyright Law
- Coauthor, “Protecting essential information about genetic variants as trade secrets: a problem for public policy?,” Oxford Journal of Law and the Biosciences (December 2018)
- JD, University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, with high honors (2018)
- Executive Managing Editor, Utah Law Review
- Intellectual Property Moot Court, Best Oralist from University of Utah
- S.J. Quinney Biolaw Fellow
- BS, Northern Arizona University, magna cum laude (2015)
- Major in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Double minors in Biology and English
- US District Court for Utah
- District of Delaware
- Eastern District of Texas
- Central District of California
- Southern District of New York