Every company has confidential information, trade secrets, and/or goodwill that it wishes to — and should — protect. A thorough understanding of the various methods available for protecting these legitimate business interests, as well as the respective limitations of those methods, is critical to ensuring proper protection. Join Foley for a presentation exploring how to maximize the benefits of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements as well as other similar covenants. The program will cover:
- Evaluating different types of restrictive covenants
- Knowing which restrictions to use, and when
- Navigating the legal process to enforce restrictive covenants
- Adding value to your business through the right types of agreements
- Protecting your business without alienating your employees
These and other issues will be addressed in an informal, interactive session led by Paul D. Broude of Foley’s Business Law Department and Russell Beck of Foley’s Litigation Department.
“Preparing, Using, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Other Restrictive Covenants” is part of Foley’s 2007 Boston Executive Briefings Series.