Foley is proudly sponsoring the Marcus Evans’ Spring 2011 IP Law Summit, held in conjunction with the Chief Litigation Officer Summit. The IP Law Summit is a strategic forum for corporate senior intellectual property executives to meet and exchange discussion on best practices and the skills needed to successfully manage their company’s IP assets while maintaining a tight legal budget. Executives will leverage insightful interactions with leading counsel via a robust atmosphere of roundtable discussions, case study presentations, and pre-arranged one-on-one business meetings.
On Friday, March 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m., Foley will host the following discussion:
Connecting Corporate Initiatives to Foster Growth and Efficiency
From development to introduction into the marketplace, a unified understanding of your company’s financial objectives and goals will help to infuse company standards into every aspect of production. As separate entities with a unified purpose, in-house IP counsel must work closely with the organization’s central decision makers, developmental units and outside counsel in order to align strategies. This session will provide a practical standpoint on the importance and methods used to create a synergistic relationship between your key organizational divisions by:
- Ensuring inventors understand how to file patents for the highest ROI
- Creating an effective line of communication between each entity
- Solidifying the importance of creating a strong relationship with your outside counsel
- Evaluating litigation strategies and how to align them with company financial goals and objectives
Moderator: Jeanne Gills, Partner and Vice-Chair of Intellectual Property Department, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Anat Hakim, DVP, IP Litigation, Abbott Laboratories
- Bruce Schelkopf, Chief Counsel and Executive Director, Cummins Inc.
- Paul Hunter, Partner and Vice-Chair of Electronics Practice, Foley & Lardner LLP
To learn more, please visit the Chief Litigation Officer Summit Web site.