Webinar Discussion on President Biden’s New Outbound Investment Screening Program: The Impact of Trade and Investment with China
Please join us for an upcoming livestream digital panel discussion. We will dive into the details of President Biden’s long-awaited Executive Order addressing U.S. government screening of the United States outbound investments into China for artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and semiconductor technologies and products.
The discussion will address:
- The Treasury’s advance notice of proposed rulemaking, which is currently seeking public input on 83 questions related to how the EO will be implemented,
- Which investments will trigger screening,
- What the screening process will look like,
- The potential impact on trade and investment with China, and
- The potential impact on technology development in the U.S. and China in the following sectors: semiconductors and microelectronics, quantum information technologies, and artificial intelligence capabilities.
The speakers include:
- Ker Gibbs, previous President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai, whom some called the “ambassador of American business to China,”
- Crumpton Global Managing Director, Client Advisor, and Relationship Manager H.K. Park,
- Foley National Security Partner Dr. Christopher Swift,
- Foley Corporate Partner Louis Lehot, and
- 4thly Start-up Founder and Chief Executive Officer Bret Waters.
The panel of experts will provide a deep analysis, walk through key points, and end with an engaging Q&A session. This livestream discussion should not be missed by anyone looking to do business in semiconductors and microelectronics, quantum information technologies, or artificial intelligence capabilities in the United States or China, including Hong Kong and Macau.
Registration is required to participate, and space is limited.