Venture & Growth Capital
Our Venture & Growth Capital attorneys understand the complex and diverse needs of venture funds, their portfolio companies, and startups. We are here to support founders and entrepreneurs with the tools they need to help their businesses take off at all growth cycle stages.
Our Approach: From Garage to Global
We have guided hundreds of companies from startup to commercialization to liquidity event. In every instance, we have worked to create a relationship with clients that goes beyond that of legal counsel, to become trusted business advisers and partners. We often collaborate closely with company boards and management to help them understand risks, identify opportunities, and make strategic decisions.
Whether your company is early-stage or ready to go public, we understand the nuances of how capital can boost new ideas to create countless innovations in health care, technology, energy, manufacturing, and more.
For companies that are more mature and ready to generate revenue and profit but can’t yet generate enough to fund a major expansion, our team focuses on growth capital to give these businesses the boost they need to get to the next stage in their lifecycle.
We recognize that you need more than legal insight to succeed. Foley partners have organized and funded Foley Ventures to invest in — or alongside — companies like yours.
To date, Foley Ventures have invested in more than 100 clients from the software, life sciences, consumer, new media, big data, and energy sectors, as well as in venture capital and private equity funds.
Venture Capital for Companies
With the help of our practical and knowledgeable attorneys from a full range of practices, entrepreneurs are equipped to launch their business toward growth, no matter the stage.
- Alternative exit strategies
- Company formation
- Employee benefits counseling
- Long-term intellectual property strategic planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory and compliance counseling
- Seed and early-stage financing and later-stage capital raising strategies
- Strategic partnerships/licensing strategies
Angel and Venture Funds
- Networking with potential investors
- Portfolio company investment and planning
- Strategic investment counsel
- Structuring operations and investment activities of a family office
- Transactional work for funds
- Fund formation
- Angel and micro funds
- Corporate venture funds
- Domestic and international early and mid-stage venture funds
- Seed funds
- Venture debt funds