John (Jack) R. FitzGerald is an associate and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Milwaukee office, where he is a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice.
Prior to joining Foley, Jack clerked for the Honorable Gerald Bard Tjoflat of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He also clerked for the Honorable Michael P. Mills of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi. While in law school, Jack interned for the Honorable William C. Griesbach of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Editor-in-Chief, Notre Dame Law Review
- Dean's Circle Fellow (top 10% of class)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (B.A., summa cum laude, 2016)
- Sane, Manipulative Self-Harm: When Hostage and Hostage Taker Become One, 123 W. Va. L. Rev. 583 (2021)
- Non-Merit-Based Tests Have No Merit: Restoring District Court Discretion Under § 1915(e)(1), 93 Notre Dame L. Rev. 2169 (2018)
- The Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The Western District of Wisconsin
- The Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit