Natasha Allen is a strategic advisor, supporting companies in all stages of growth in complex decision making across a broad range of corporate matters. She is a partner with the firm, serving as Co-Chair for Artificial Intelligence within the Innovative Technology sector, Co-Chair of the Venture Capital Committee, and a member of the Venture Capital, M&A, and Transactions Practices. She also serves as Pro Bono chair for the firm’s Silicon Valley office.
Natasha has a significant background advising startups, emerging companies, and late stage companies on debt and equity financing, venture capital financing, commercial matters, and general corporate matters including formations, corporate governance, structuring, and share issuances across a variety of industries including Artificial Intelligence, FinTech, robotics, and life sciences. Natasha’s robust transactional experience includes mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, including domestic and cross-border buy-side and sell-side transactions in Augmented/Virtual Reality, software, cybersecurity, telecommunications, and healthcare industries. She also regularly advises Canadian startups looking to establish themselves in the United States on structure, financing, and other issues as they enter this market.
Prior to joining Foley, Natasha was a founding partner at a corporate and transactional law firm, as well as managing counsel at a technology enabled law firm where she acted as external general counsel for clients. She draws on the depth of experience she has developed in a combination of law firms, business consulting firms, and startups in both Canada and the United States to help her clients navigate complicated transactions in the United States and abroad.
- Served as lead counsel to Valera Health, a leading virtual mental health provider, in its US$44.5m Series B funding round led by Heritage Group, a health care-focused private equity firm.
- Represented Nigerian investment app Bamboo Inc. in a US$15m Series A round co-led by Greycroft and Tiger Global.
- Represented Austin-based exclusive dating app The League in its acquisition by Match Group, a Dallas-based parent company of several popular dating apps, including Tinder and Hinge.
- Lead counsel to Accern, which uses artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze online conversations around particular companies, trends, and industries, in its US$20m Series B funding round.
- Represented DOC.AI INCORPORATED, a digital health transformation company, in its sale to Sharecare and pending combination with Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Semarchy, the Intelligent Data HubTM company and a disruptive provider of master data management software, in a significant investment from funds managed by Providence Strategic Growth (PSG), the growth equity affiliate of Providence Equity Partners.
- Represented 174 Power Global, the power project development arm of Hanwha Energy Corp., in a joint venture with Total SE to produce 1.6 GW of industrial renewable power and battery storage projects in North America.
- Represented an AI company that designed a platform to diagnose eye disease in its sale of its assets to an international vision care health insurance company.
- Represented a company developing a cloud-based mobile video platform in its merger with a cloud-based video marketing automation solutions company and an immediate follow-on Series A financing.
- Represented Boxwood Merger, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its ~US$700m acquisition of the units of Atlas Intermediate Holdings (Atlas), a leading provider of professional testing, inspection, engineering, and consulting services.
- Represented a multinational SaaS software provider in its Series F Preferred Stock Financing led by Accel U.S. and Sequoia India.
- Sole attorney that represented an international augmented reality technology company in the sale of its shares to a large U.S. public beauty retailer.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Recorder Women Leaders in Tech Law (2022)
Natasha is an active leader inside and outside the office and is involved in several cultural and professional development initiatives and organizations. She was previously a board member of Leading Women in Technology, a nonprofit that empowers women to develop their knowledge, leadership skills, and networks for greater professional and personal impact, and is also a lifetime member of the Black Women Lawyers Association of Northern California. She is a member of First Board.io.