Christopher D. Bourne is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Boston office. He is a member of the firm’s Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Christopher’s practice focuses on a variety of complex corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments and corporate reorganizations for both corporate and middle market private equity clients. He further provides general corporate representation to both public and private companies, and routinely represents executives and C-suite management teams in connection with the sale of companies from one private equity sponsor to another.
Prior to returning to Foley in 2021, Christopher was an associate and early member of the Boston office of a global law firm, where he concentrated on complex corporate and transactional matters for private equity clients and their portfolio companies and served as seconded corporate counsel to one of the world’s leading middle-market private equity sponsors.
While in law school, Christopher was a graduate fellow for Suffolk University Sawyer Business School’s Department of Business Law & Ethics and, among other posts, served as a judicial extern to Magistrate Judge Brian A. Tsuchida of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- 3i Group plc in various acquisitions and portfolio company matters, including:
- the acquisition of Sani-Tech West, Inc. from its founders*
- the acquisition of Magnitude Software, Inc. from Audax Group*
- in connection with its portfolio company, Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc., and its acquisition of Thodacon*
- ABRY Partners in its growth investment in AdSwerve*
- Audax Group and its portfolio company, Beacon Mobility, in various add-on acquisitions and corporate matters, including the acquisitions of:
- Alltown Bus Service
- DS Bus Lines and Midwest Bus Sales
- Easton Coach
- Health Ride Plus/Tri-County Transportation
- Huntington Coach Company
- Leesel Transportation
- Local Motion
- Royal Coach Lines
- Transit Team
- Audax Group and its portfolio company, DISA Global Solutions, in its acquisition of Crimcheck
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of Fortbrand from Wincove Private Holdings
- BICO Group AB in various acquisitions, investments and corporate matters, including its acquisitions of:
- Allegro 3D, Inc.
- Biosero, Inc.
- Discover Echo Inc.
- MatTek Corporation
- Visikol, Inc.
- Carbonite, Inc. in its acquisition of Evault, Inc. from Seagate Technology
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of SubCom, LLC from TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL)*
- Constant Therapy in its sale to Digital Health Corp
- ControlByWeb in its acquisition by North Branch Capital
- Digital Guardian in its acquisition of Code Green Networks
- Dunes Point Capital, LP in various acquisitions, sales, investments and portfolio company matters, including:
- its acquisition of Specialty Products and Insulation from Foundation Building Materials, Inc.*
- FFCM, LLC in connection with its recapitalization and sale of a majority interest to AGF Management Limited
- Housatonic Partners in various acquisitions, sales, investments and portfolio company matters, including:
- its acquisition of FIMC
- its sale of Fastener Distribution Holdings to Audax Group
- its investment in Calo Programs
- its acquisition of Universal Gaming Group
- Kids2, Inc. in its take-private acquisition of Summer Infant, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMR)
- Nexstar Media Group in its acquisition of BestReviews LLC from its founders and Tribune Publishing Company*
- Peninsula Capital in its acquisition of Escapology
- RBC Bearings Incorporated (NASDAQ: ROLL) in its sale of Avborne Accessory Group, Inc. to AerSale, Inc.*
- Silversmith Capital Partners in its growth equity investment in Venminder*
- Singapore Post Ltd in its acquisition of TradeGlobal Holdings from Bregal Sagemount
- Summit Partners in various acquisitions, sales, investments and portfolio company matters, including its acquisitions of:
- Metro Tech Services from Reedy Industries*
- Teaching Strategies from L Squared Capital Partners*
- TZP Group is its acquisition of Quest Events from Goldner, Hawn, Johnson & Morrison and Tonka Bay Equity Partners*
- Wafra Investment Advisory Group in its secondary sale of nine portfolio companies*
- Windjammer Capital Investors in its acquisition of Rowmark LLC from Bertram Capital*
- Wynnchurch Capital and its portfolio company Appvion in its acquisition of Nekoosa Coated Products, LLC from Sentinel Capital Partners
- ZecOps in its acquisition by Jamf (NYSE: JAMF)
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to rejoining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Corporate Law (2021-2024)