Alexandra “Alex” Jashinsky provides an efficient and real-world approach to counseling on a broad range of real estate transactions. Clients turn to Alex for her extensive experience in all aspects of the development cycle, including acquisitions, development agreements, condominium regimes, master covenants, construction financing, and joint ventures.
Alex also represents landlords and tenants in complex lease negotiations. Alex has a unique background in structuring and negotiating leases and other real estate transactions within the healthcare industry and helps clients navigate the complexities of healthcare regulations that impact those transactions. She has experience negotiating development deals for the ground-up construction of hospitals, medical office buildings, ambulatory surgery centers, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and senior housing developments.
- Represents national developers in connection with development of multifamily and build-to-rent products, including negotiation of purchase agreements, development agreements, master covenants, construction loans, and joint venture agreements.
- Represents national developers in connection with the sale and disposition of multifamily and build-to-rent assets.
- Represents real estate investment group in connection with acquisition of ground-up and existing multifamily products.
- Negotiates condominium declarations for horizontal and vertical condominium regimes in Texas.
- Negotiates office, medical office, industrial, and retail leases.
- Negotiated 17,500 square-foot office lease in Austin, Texas for national commercial real estate agency.
- Negotiated industrial leases throughout Texas for semiconductor manufacturer.
- Negotiated leases for over 20 infusion centers nationwide on behalf of health care provider.
- Represented private equity backed health care companies in connection with leasing and developing over 20 inpatient rehabilitation facilities nationwide.
- Represented medical group with respect to negotiation of lease and build-out agreement for new 100,000+ square-foot multipurpose medical facility.
- Managed the legal due diligence and negotiations in connection with the real estate portion of several hospital acquisitions.
- Represented hospital system to systemize and streamline their leasing practices, including developing forms and working with their lease management team on protocols.
- Represented hospital system in connection with the acquisition of land for their innovative new international headquarters in Texas.
- Represented hospital system in connection with the real estate aspects of an energy concession deal for campus energy and chilling facilities.
- Represented railroad company in connection with acquisition of land for 1,875-acre rail yard project.
- Represented local transit authority with respect to various acquisitions, leases, and land use matters in connection with their rail development.
- Represented real estate holding company in connection with sale of 500+ room hotel in Dallas Metro area.
- Represented real estate holding company in connection with sale of 400+ room hotel in Austin, Texas.
- Represented national bank with respect to leasing of bank branch and ATM location throughout Texas.
- Form condominium regimes as land use planning tool for developments in Texas.
- Counsel multifamily clients with respect to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.
- Represent clients with respect to negotiation of construction and permanent loan products.
*Matters handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law (2024)
- Stand-out Lawyer, Thomson Reuters (2023)
- Top Austin Attorney, Real Estate, Austin Monthly (2021-2023)
- Pro-bono legal services, The Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic at the University of Texas School of Law