Rachael Martinez is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Rachael is based in the Dallas, Texas office and is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice Group. She also serves on the firm’s Associates Committee.
Rachael’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, general corporate matters, complex business transactions, and the drafting and negotiation of bespoke agreements. Her general corporate experience is extensive and includes work related to entity formation, corporate governance, equity based compensation, non-disclosures, non-competes and non-solicitations, joint ventures, and more. Rachael represents private equity sponsors, family offices, strategic buyers, public and private companies, startups, executives, and investors and prides herself on providing timely, thorough and thoughtful advice.
- Represented Hanger, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc. in the equity purchase of Excel Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc.
- Represented an independent distributor of life and health insurance products in the development of its M&A forms, processes and playbook which are used in the client’s acquisition of nearly 60 insurance agencies.
- Represented Rosewood Private Investments in the sale of its portfolio company, Novaria Group, to Kholberg, Kravis & Roberts (KKR). This deal won the 2021 Deal of the Year Award from D CEO and the Association for Corporate Growth-DFW.
- Represented Rosewood Private Investments in the sale of its portfolio company, INW Manufacturing, to Cornell Capital.
- Represented a Canadian public company in its acquisition of a cannabis dispensary.
- Represented a Canadian public company in its acquisition of an e-procurement and government contracting software company.
- Represented a leader in renewable energy in a series of transactions, including a capital raise, repurchase, SAFE conversion, and merger.
- Represented a startup in the negotiation of its mission-critical contractual joint venture.
- Represented founders of a marketing company and helped them to operate within the confines of a non-compete and initiate a cross investment with one of their new partners.
- Represented a closely-held company in its sale via merger which required structuring around a dissenting shareholder.
- Represented numerous startups through various stages of Series Financing.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member & Event Coordinator, Evolve Community Crew
- Volunteer, Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center
- Member, Texas Wall Street Women