Rachel K. O'Neil is a skilled litigator who represents clients in a variety of complex legal matters including disputes related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, class action, securities, fraud, negligence and products liability. She represents both plaintiffs and defendants in the financial services, energy, manufacturing, insurance, healthcare, food and beverage, hospitality, construction and retail industries. Over her career, Rachel has obtained +$100 million in judgments in favor of her clients.
Although she specializes in litigation, Rachel is recognized by clients and colleagues as a general problem solver. She creates value by identifying ways to avoid unnecessary legal cost and to manage litigation risk and has often resolved disputes prior to litigation. For these reasons, Rachel serves as outside general counsel to several companies in the manufacturing, retail and food and beverage industries. She has advised several successful startups.
Clients describe Rachel as a reliable, accessible and creative problem solver.
Prior to joining Foley, Rachel served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert L. Jones, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Led trial team that obtained $10 million jury verdict in favor of food industry client against poultry manufacturers for supply of thousands of pounds of “boneless” chicken containing bone, plastic and metal. Click here to learn more
- Co-chaired trial team that obtained +$100,000 jury verdict against automobile restoration company for deceptive trade practices in the restoration of client’s antique vehicle
- Represented financial services firm in connection with workout of large loan portfolio
- Represent group of defrauded investors to recover from losses in tax, real estate and securities fraud scheme
- Serves as outside general counsel for food manufacturing, software and custom boot manufacturing companies
- Selected for inclusion to the Texas Top Women list by Super Lawyers Magazine (2019 – 2020)
- Recognized, Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine (2019 – 2020)
- Recognized, Texas’s Outstanding Young Women Lawyers (2019)
- Selected for inclusion to the Texas Rising Stars list in the field of Business Litigation (2014 – 2020, 2022)
- Member, Texas Verdict Hall of Fame (2013)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Member, SMU Law Review
- Chief, Civil Clinic
- President, Association for Public Interest Law
- President, Association for Law and Politics
- Vice President, Student Bar Association
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., with high honors, 2006)
- New Mexico Military Institute (A.A., with highest honors, 2004)
- Texas State Courts
- 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas