Robert Sarfatis focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, joint ventures, employment, non-compete and executive employment/termination agreements, and drafting and negotiating all types of contracts and transactional documents. Robert serves as outside general counsel for the majority of his clients. He is a partner in the firm’s Transaction Practice and a former vice chair of the firm’s Business Law Department. Before Foley’s combination with Gardere Wynne Sewell, Robert was a member of Gardere’s board of directors.
Robert works extensively in the Energy sector, but his clients span a wide range of industries, including construction, marketing, retail, fintech, biotech, consumer products, midstream natural gas, oilfield services, landfill gas, and real estate. He is known for his strong business sense and has earned a reputation for efficiency and practicality.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Represented Enerven Services, LLC, Enerven Compression Services, LLC and Worldwide Energy Solutions Co., LLC in the sale of all of their natural gas compression assets to J-W Power Company.
- Represented a subsidiary of Southcross Energy Partners, LP in its acquisition of natural gas pipelines near Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Represented Southcross Energy Partners, LP, in its acquisition of TexStar's rich gas system.
- Represented Dallas-based Enerven Compression Services, LLC in its sale of natural gas compression and dehydration assets to Crestwood Marcellus Midstream LLC.
- Represented a Dallas-based midstream natural gas company in a contract dispute with a natural gas processing company.
- Represented a leading West Texas-based manufacturer, designer, and fabricator of natural gas-treating plants that remove CO2 and H2S, in its sale to a subsidiary of a Houston pipeline transportation and energy storage company.
- Represented an El Paso-based, global communication business in its sale of its cross-border telecommunications subsidiary.
- Represented a Dallas-based midstream energy master limited partnership in a strategic merger.
- Represented a Dallas-headquartered midstream oil field services company in a joint venture.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2008 – 2024)
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions (2009 – 2021)
- Recognized, Who's Who in Energy, Dallas Business Journal (2014 – 2015)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2006)
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions (2005)
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 1992)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., 1989)