Greg Meeks is a merger and acquisition attorney, representing a wide variety of clients, including public and private companies, board committees, private equity funds, and private equity portfolio companies. His M&A clients operate in a wide range of industry sectors, including energy (renewables and oil and gas), online retail, oilfield services, metals recycling, software, and golf management. Greg serves as the Houston Office Chair of the firm’s Business Law Department.
While Greg’s practice is centered in Houston, a number of his clients are located across the United States and abroad. His typical clients are fast-paced and entrepreneurial, where business buyers are often trying to achieve growth and scale. Clients rely on Greg’s experience in complex merger and acquisition execution, as well on his legal counsel on day-to-day management, governance, contracts, executive retention and compensation, and finance matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented FGE Power, LLC in the sale of the FGE Goodnight wind project, a Texas wind farm with an aggregate expected capacity of 531MW, to Omega Energia.
- Represented Razor Group GmbH in the acquisition of numerous US-based Amazon resellers.
- Represented Strata Clean Energy LLC in the sale of solar energy development projects with aggregate expected capacity of 798MW.
- Represented Elemental Holding SA in the acquisition of an e-waste facility in the Northeast United States.
- Represented DiCentral Corp., a Houston-based software company, in its sale to TrueCommerce.
- Represented Balio Software in the acquisition of numerous B2B software companies.
- Represented Sterling Golf, Inc. in the acquisition of Houston National Golf Club.
- Represented Boardwalk Pipeline Partners in a joint venture to develop a natural gas pipeline with The Williams Companies.
- Represented a Houston-based downhole measurement tool manufacturer in a Joint Development Agreement with a Canadian drilling company.
- Represented a Houston-based gas processing company in a joint venture with a gas compression company.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 2002)
- Rice University (B.A., biology, 1992)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas State Courts (2002)
- Texas (2002)