In this breakfast briefing, a distinguished panel of speakers including Representative Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who has proposed legislation to amend remedies under U.S. patent law for false marking, will discuss this recent onslaught of false patent marking cases, the latest decisions from the courts in this area, and the legislative efforts underway to curtail these cases.
The panel will address:
- Where we are now — an update and status report of the latest court decisions in this area
- What do you do — implementing an effective and compliant patent marking policy
- What the future holds — updates on the legislative efforts to curtail this litigation
- How we got where we are — the statute and federal court decisions that paved the way for the flood of litigation
- Representative Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)
- Douglas Carsten, Partner and member, IP Litigation Practice
Foley will apply for CLE credit after the breakfast briefing.