Amanda Beggs has nearly a decade of experience in all areas of environmental law and advises clients in development and redevelopment work, environmental compliance counseling, transactions, and environmental litigation.
Clients turn to Amanda for counsel on air emissions, waste management, water discharge permitting and compliance, best practices regarding emerging contaminants, and advice in contested case proceedings and environmental litigation. Amanda’s practice includes clients across a variety of industry sectors, from traditional energy and infrastructure matters to renewable energy projects, vehicle, equipment, engine, parts, and numerous other manufacturers.
Amanda also advises clients on regulatory issues concerning the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, Superfund, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) enforcement. She counsels organizations on matters related to indemnity disputes, cost recovery, and insurance coverage, and advises on the variety of issues involved in the redevelopment, sale, or transfer of contaminated properties.
Amanda is a member of the Environmental and Energy Regulatory Practice Group as well as a member of the firm’s Manufacturing and Energy Sectors, and the Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) Practice.
- Amanda’s recent matters include representation of clients in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) multimedia audits and related enforcement; the defense of numerous complaints by U.S. EPA or state environmental agencies alleging air emissions violations, including violations related to mobile source emissions; and counseling regarding compliance requirements arising under the Clean Air Act, RCRA, the Clean Water Act, and state equivalents.
Awards and Recognition
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Environmental Law (2024)
- Member of the Board of Directors for Girls on the Run of Southeastern Wisconsin (2017-2023)
- Member of Foley & Lardner LLP’s Street Law Committee
- Member of Foley & Lardner LLP’s Wills for Heroes Committee
Presentations and Publications
- Amanda is a regular speaker on environmental enforcement, air compliance, and ESG matters.