Justin Cajero is a member of the firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital Practice Groups. Justin is passionate about working with clients to solve business problems and obtain optimal outcomes.
Justin’s practice is concentrated on the representation of investors, startup companies, and mature businesses, and he focuses his efforts on energy-related matters, private equity backed acquisitions and divestitures, and strategic M&A within the firm’s Energy Sector.
Prior to his law career, Justin served in the U.S. Armed Forces as an AH-64 Apache helicopter pilot. He has experience leading troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. During his time in the military, he served as a company commander and ground force liaison officer. He also was an operational manager for Amazon, where he led a team of 200 associates and was responsible for addressing the team’s overall safety, training, and personal needs.
- Represented an oil and gas company in connection with the divestiture of mineral and royalty interests totaling over US $15m.
- Represented a renewable fuels company in connection with renegotiating their terminalling services agreement.
- Represented Clavis Capital Partners in its acquisition of UCC Environmental, a Chicago based company specializing in the design and production of wastewater treatment, air pollution and process handlings systems for the power generation and mining industries.
- Represented private equity client’s new platform company, executing high velocity strategy to acquire 20+ automotive repair shop locations over 18-month period.
- Represented private equity firm and its two platform companies on multiple acquisitions totaling over US$100m during a 12-month period.
- Represented University Startups in its selection into the Techstars’ Accelerator Program.
- Represented Freestone, a portfolio company of Tailwater Capital, in its venture investment in Wastelinq, Inc., an environmental services company that uses technology to digitize and optimize the environmental services value chain.
Awards and Recognition
- Bronze Star Medal (2014)
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal (2016)
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (2016)
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal (2014)
- Board of Directors, Head Start of Greater Dallas
- Member, Dallas Petroleum Club