Adrian Jensen regularly represents accounting firms and their partners, managers, and staff in investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, as well as in related litigation. In addition to his work counseling and defending auditors, Adrian has experience representing companies and individuals in government and internal investigations relating to compliance with accounting, record-keeping, and disclosure requirements; fraud; and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). He has also assisted in representing corporate clients in sanctions and anti-dumping investigations. He has particularly deep experience handling investigations and enforcement actions involving Japanese and Korean companies, including addressing differences between their legal systems and business cultures and those of the United States. He is a partner in the firm’s Securities Enforcement & Litigation Practice.
- Represented a Korean accounting firm in an internal investigation and subsequent PCAOB investigation into documentation practices.
- Oversaw an internal investigation into accounting practices at the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer.
- Oversaw an internal investigation into economic sanctions compliance in China for a Korean automotive parts manufacturer.
- Represented a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer in the U.S. Department of Justice investigation into antitrust violations in the automotive parts industry. Adrien’s work on this representation included coordination and oversight of Foley’s internal investigation in Japan.
- Represented employees of Japanese automotive partners manufacturers in the U.S. Department of Justice investigation into antitrust violations in the automotive parts industry.
- Assisted the audit committee of a medical equipment company in performing an internal investigation into its historical accounting in connection with a financial statement restatement and represented the company in a related SEC investigation.
- Oversaw design and execution of compliance and internal controls testing to support the work of the independent compliance monitor engaged by a financial institution pursuant to its settlements with the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Korean (conversational)