Foley's Technology Industry Team attorneys represent growth-company clients of all types and sizes, from start-ups through seed, angel, and venture capital financings to pre- and post-IPO companies, and we have been doing it for more than a century.
As a technology company, you represent one of the fastest-growing sectors of our economy. As a multidisciplinary, national team that harnesses the resources of one of the largest law firms in the United States, we understand your unique needs and objectives, and we have been doing it more than a century.
Founders, investors, and management teams choose Foley because of the substantial number of attractive emerging companies with which we work; our knowledge of the venture capital market and our ability to introduce our technology clients to appropriate venture funds; our world-class intellectual property (IP) capability; and our track record in structuring and negotiating investment transactions.
We are active in many strategic areas, including:
- Computer software and systems design
- Computer hardware, storage, and peripherals
- Wireless and cloud computing
- Telecommunications, data transmission, and networking
- New media, including Internet content and interactive multimedia
- Traditional media companies seeking to expand or make acquisitions in technology
- Biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices
- Materials technology, including chemicals, plastics, and ceramics
- Semiconductor manufacturing and applications
- Mechanical and motor technology