Jennifer F. Walsh is a public affairs director with the firm and a member of the firm’s Government & Public Policy Practice. She has extensive experience in government affairs, including a lengthy career as a senior staffer in the U.S. Congress and the California Legislature, and as a vice president for Federal Government Affairs at a top 20 Fortune 500 health care company. Jennifer has effectively advanced key issues before the United States Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, and the Administration.
Prior to joining Foley, Jennifer served as vice president for federal government affairs at a leading multinational health care company, where she developed and executed strategies to impact policy objectives and increase the company’s visibility among opinion leaders. Jennifer collaborated with colleagues across the health care industry, including third parties and trade associations to ensure the effective execution and success of the company’s priorities.
Jennifer served nine years as chief of staff to former Congressman Dennis Cardoza, 18th District of California. She was chief advisor and principal strategist on all legislative and political activity and served as primary liaison with the Bush and Obama Administrations, Members of Congress, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, and the California Democratic Delegation. She also served as finance director for the Cardoza for Congress campaign, where she developed and managed a US $2 million fundraising effort.
Previously she served as a chief of staff in the California State Legislature as well as a congressional field representative, deputy campaign manager, and House Democratic Caucus program director to former Congressman Vic Fazio, 3rd Congressional District of California.
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 Top Lobbyist by The Hill newspaper
- Board Member, Future Forum Foundation
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, 49th ACCC 2023 Annual Meeting & Cancer Center Business Summit – Association of Community Cancer Centers (March 2023)
- Quoted, “Biden Greenlights $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework,” Inc.com (June 24, 2021)
- Speaker, 46th ACCC 2020 Annual Meeting & Cancer Center Business Summit – Association of Community Cancer Centers (March 2020)
- Speaker, Association for Value-Based Cancer Care Conference (December 2019)