Federal Public Affairs
Public policies and government decision-making pose challenges and opportunities for your organization. Pending legislative or regulatory issues can threaten your industry. A public policy crisis can impact your bottom line. Positioning opportunities can be lost if they are not seized and leveraged to positively shape public opinion.
Our Federal Public Policy Team Approach
Foley’s Public Policy Practice covers the full spectrum of public policy. Our bipartisan team has a proven track record of helping clients achieve their federal public policy and political priorities, with extensive experience advocating on behalf of clients involved in various aspects of government.
We excel across the country. Foley has a premier public policy practice with members in Washington, D.C., as well as state capitals throughout the country. We can represent you federally, in discrete states, or coordinate nationwide campaigns to achieve your goals simultaneously on federal, state, and local levels.
We Employ a Comprehensive Approach to Government Relations
We have developed meaningful relationships throughout the House, Senate and Administration over our many years of experience working in and with the federal government and private sector. We are comprised of former Members of Congress, both Republican and Democrat, former House and Senate Chiefs of staff and former Administration staff. To best serve you, we invest heavily in building relationships both legislatively and politically. Our combined years of government experience enable us to deliver you results by working closely with congressional Republican and Democratic leadership, and with key caucuses and committees.
- Boots on the ground to build your brand with policymakers
- Legislative and regulatory monitoring and intelligence on issues affecting a broad range of industries and business interests.
- Up-to-the-minute updates and a weekly summary of our progress and relevant news to help inform headquarters and guide business strategy
- Leveraging the Foley PAC to assist in building relationships
- Customized briefings and consultations on political and legislative issues, including detailed assessments of elections and budget issues
- Legal representation that can be closely coordinated with public policy efforts
- Coordinated federal and multi-state public affairs representation, as Foley has public policy practices in the Midwest, California, Texas, Massachusetts and Florida
- Organizing connections through congressional meetings and events for key policymakers
- Lobbying regulatory filings and reports with all appropriate agencies