The last year-and-a-half has undoubtedly been filled with enormous change, including lasting impact for many. As a result, a welcome benefit has emerged — the unpredictable legal landscape and fast-evolving business climate we have experienced throughout this time have yielded significant opportunities for innovation teams and IP counsel alike to reprioritize initiatives and reframe their approach to transforming the global marketplace. From emerging technologies and rebrands to navigating the “new normal” and boosting diversity and inclusion within your ranks, there are more opportunities than ever before to develop forward-looking, flexible, and budget–friendly solutions that align your IP strategies with corporate goals and consumer expectations.
Make plans to join us at Foley’s 17th annual IP Conference on Friday, November 12, 2021, for another year of collaborating on strategic IP management, protection, and litigation. During this one–day educational forum, you will gain practical insights from your peers on developing strong IP strategies now that will reap even greater opportunities in the future.
This conference is a thought leadership forum intended for IP in-house counsel, general counsel and business executives. For more information and to express interest in attending the conference, please click here.
Planned Panel Topics
- General Counsel Speak: Perspectives on the New Normal
- Judges Panel: Views from the Bench
- From Cannabis and Crypto to Alternative Energy and Vaccines: Hot Topics in Patenting Emerging Technologies
- The Times They Are A-Changin’: What It Means for Your Brand
- The Shifting IP Litigation Landscape: Disruptive Cases and Navigating Trials Post-COVID
- Inclusive Practices: Increasing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in IP
U.S. District Court Judges
- Hon. Pamela K. Chen, District Judge, Eastern District of New York
- Hon. Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, Chief Judge, Northern District of Illinois
- Hon. Suzanne H. Segal (Ret.), Chief Magistrate Judge, Central District of California
In-House Legal Counsel and Corporate Speakers from Global Companies:
- Jennifer Arasimowicz, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, 8minute Solar Energy
- Nadeem Bridi, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Life Sciences Tools Platform, DH Life Sciences LLC, a Danaher Corporation Subsidiary
- Jennifer Burdman, Vice President, Head of Intellectual Property, Valo Health
- Dale Davis, Chief Patent Counsel and Assistant General Counsel, Cummins Inc.
- Tanuja Garde, Vice President and Chief Intellectual Property, Licensing and Digital Counsel, Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Jhan Lennon, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Baccus Global LLC
- Leslie Liang, Vice President, Legal, Helix OpCo, LLC
- Julie McGinnis, Corporate Counsel, Trademarks, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Stacey McGuire, General Counsel, Pelican Products, Inc.
- Joy Monahan, Associate Director, Legal Diversity and Outside Counsel Programs, AbbVie Inc.
- Jacob Moore, Intellectual Property Counsel, Moderna Therapeutics
- Kenneth Oh, Associate Vice President, Privacy and Intellectual Property, TracFone Wireless, Inc.
- Photon Rao, Vice President Legal Affairs and Chief Patent Counsel, Lygos, Inc.
- Ronak Ray, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Pantheon Systems, Inc.
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Rice, General Counsel, MillerKnoll (formerly Herman Miller, Inc.)
- Melissa Smith, Senior Intellectual Property Counsel, SmileDirectClub
- Stacy Raphael Stewart, Associate General Counsel – IP and Brand Protection, Coty Inc.
- Roxana Sullivan, Lead Trademark Counsel, Galderma Holding SA
- Joel Van Winkle, Chief IP Counsel, BISSELL
- Steve Vaskov, Vice President and Corporate Counsel, Motion Picture Association, Inc.
- Steve Zelinger, Founding General Counsel, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies</strong>; Acting General Counsel, Flux Financial, Inc.
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Networking Lunch Break
1:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Closing Remarks and Reception|
Detailed agenda to follow. Subject to change.
CLE credits will be applied for in all applicable states. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider.
Important Information for New York Attorneys: This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.
Health & Safety Protocols
Our top priority is the health and safety of our guest attendees, speakers, staff, and local communities. Foley & Lardner LLP and the LondonHouse Chicago will follow CDC guidelines as well as any state and local health regulations then in effect for in–person gatherings. At the time of the event, this may require masking indoors, social distancing, and potentially limiting attendance to fully vaccinated individuals, among other measures. Regardless of your vaccination status or guidelines then in effect, if you are not feeling well, please be mindful of your peers and stay home.