With the structure of franchises continuously evolving and the federal and state distribution laws becoming more complex, it is important to consider them from a fresh perspective.
Topics covered at this year's seminar will include:
- Unraveling the “Substantial Change in Competitive Circumstances” Mystery
- Is Your Website Disabling Your Business? ADA Website Compliance — an Invitation for a Lawsuit From a Cottage Industry
- Top 10 Antitrust Rules for Dealing with Distributors
- Your Brand, Your Distributors: Five Hot Button Issues
- Crossing Borders Without Crossing Lines: Unexpected Issues in International Agreements
- A Pound of Flesh: Avoiding Traps in Sponsoring Third-Party Dealer Financing
- Dealer Litigation: Five Mistakes You Must Avoid
- Map to the Future: The 2016 Smiley Face Map and Updates to State Dealer Laws
- Structuring Your Franchise Relationship to Ensure Franchisees Do Not Become Employees
- Dear Dealer: Drafting Termination Letters That Won’t Cost You Your Shirt
- Stay of Execution: How Bankruptcy Affects Your Relationship With Underperforming Dealers
- International Distribution: How to Run an Effective Compliance Department
- International Distribution: Understanding the New Rules of Engagement with Iran
- Control Freaks: Protecting Your Trademark Rights by Controlling Licensees and Policing Infringers
- International Distribution: How (and When) to Conduct an Internal Investigation
- Resolving Price Discrimination Concerns Over Pricing Policies — 25 Years Later
- Comparative Advertising: Is the Past Prologue?
- Landmark Cases of the Last 25 Years — and What’s Happened Since Last Year
- Past is Prologue: What to Expect in Noncompete and Trade Secret Protection
- The Tesla Effect: When Dealers' Laws Meet Licensing Requirements
- Litigating with Foreign Distributors: Charting a Course for International Arbitration
- Arming Agreements with Arbitration: Preparing for Future Battles
This year, you will have the choice to attend an interactive Roundtable Lunch Session. The sessions have very limited seating, so please select your session preference when registering.
Roundtable Lunch Sessions
Session 1: Data and Privacy Issues
Session 2: Pricing and Antitrust
Session 3: Dealer Terminations
Session 4: International Compliance
Session 5: International Dealer Relationships
There is no cost to participate in this program, but advance registration is required. To participate, please use either the Register Today button, or simply register here.
If you have any questions, please contact David Puleo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.832.4507.
Roberta F. (Bobbi) Howell is the Foley attorney responsible for the content of this program. She may be reached at email@example.com or 608.258.4273.