Charles Gass advises clients in complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt financings, and general corporate matters. He represents clients in the Health Care and Life Sciences Sector, including providers, hospital systems, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), private equity firms, technology companies, and privately held businesses. Charles is a member of Foley’s Health Care Transactional and Health Care Regulatory Practices.
In addition to his transactional work, Charles advises clients on the regulatory risks associated with business transactions, including federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws, corporate practice of medicine issues, and licensing.
Charles also works regularly with investors, entrepreneurs, and startup businesses as outside general counsel in navigating all matters of corporate and health care law.
- M&A/Private Equity:
- Represented private equity backed laboratory services company in various add-on acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented private equity buyer in platform acquisition of behavioral health clinic.
- Represented private equity backed clinical trial research business in sale to middle-market private equity fund focusing on North American healthcare and technology industries.
- Represented a multilocation radiology services business in sale to private equity acquiror.
- Represented the platform company of a private equity fund in multiple add-on acquisitions of audiology clinics.
- Represented FQHC’s acquisition of a physician practice.
- Represented private equity backed platform company in add-on acquisition of addiction treatment center.
- Represented physical medicine, rehabilitation and pain management practice in sale to private equity buyer acquiring the practice as a platform acquisition.
- Represented group practice providing cardiovascular and thoracic surgery services in sale to private equity backed acquiror.
- Represented orthopedic physician group practice and associated ambulatory surgery centers in sale to private equity backed platform company including physician owned ambulatory surgery centers.
- Represented family physician group practice in sale to strategic buyer in northern Colorado.
- Joint Ventures:
- Represented ambulatory surgery center in joint venture with hospital system and national management services provider.
- Represented hospital in ongoing operations of ambulatory surgery center joint venture with physician partners.
- Represented closely held company in expansion of behavioral health services with regional partner.
- Equity and Debt Financings:
- Represented borrower and operator on $20,550,500 HUD Loan refinancing of skilled nursing facility and underlying real estate.
- Represented borrower and operator on $18,250,000 HUD Loan refinancing of skilled nursing facility and underlying real estate.
- Represented closely held retail pet products business in strategic investment from international investor.
- Represented various skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in private offering.
- Represented behavioral health company in private offering.
- Advised cardiology physician group practice in negotiation and foundation model professional services agreement with nationwide hospital system.
- Advised hospital in negotiation of professional service agreement with orthopedic group practice.
- Advised laboratory service company in corporate practice of medicine and out-of-state lab license compliance.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch, Health Care Law (2023)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D.)
- University of San Diego (B.A.)
- Active Participant with The Colorado Lawyers Committee (2017-Present)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association (2017-Present)