Daniel L. Pieringer is an associate and real estate lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Dan represents purchasers, sellers, financial institutions, developers, energy companies, and landlords and tenants in a wide variety of transactions involving office, retail, and industrial real estate.
Dan’s experience includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and leases, managing real estate due diligence on complex commercial transactions, and closing the acquisitions and sales of commercial real property.
Dan also advises clients on real estate issues in connection with the acquisition, development, construction, and financing of wind, solar, and fuel cell energy projects, including negotiating site control documents; addressing title, survey and other development matters; and performing real estate due diligence for tax equity investments.
Dan is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice and Energy Industry Team.
- Represented an Illinois governmental entity in sales of Chicago real estate totaling $30 million
- Represented a manufacturing client on sales of manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Illinois and Ohio for a combined sales price of approximately $7 million
- Represented a protein bar company in the negotiation of a lease for approximately 40,000 sq.ft. of office space in downtown Chicago
- Represented a nonprofit technology co-working space in the negotiation of a sublease for approximately 35,000 sq. ft. of office space in downtown Chicago
- Represented a boat tour company in the negotiation of a lease for approximately 10,000 sq. ft. of office space at the intersection of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan
- Represented a communications equipment company on real estate due diligence in connection with a $2 billion acquisition of a communication technology company
- Represented a major European renewable energy company in project development and financing of three wind energy projects in Texas totaling more than 400 MW of production capability
- Represented a major U.S. financial institution on real estate diligence and related work in connection with its tax equity investments in solar projects located in South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, California, and Tennessee, aggregating more than 250 MW of production capability
- Represented a renewable energy company on real estate matters in connection with a $37 million acquisition of a fuel cell power plant
Dan earned his law degree from the University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013), where he was articles editor for the Journal of Law, Technology & Policy. He earned his bachelor’s degree in 2006 from Northwestern University, majoring in journalism and history.
Dan is admitted to practice law in Illinois.