Larry Stevens is a veteran corporate, securities, and mergers and acquisitions attorney who serves regional and global clients in all sectors of the oil and gas industry.
Larry understands the energy industry and stays abreast of legal and business developments that impact his clients’ operations in areas such as exploration and production, drilling rigs, telecommunication and pipeline maintenance.
Larry is an essential participant in the decision-making process of his U.S. and foreign clients. They hire him repeatedly, relying on his extensive experience as an oil and gas attorney, 24/7 availability and responsiveness, and dedication to their business objectives. Larry stays in contact with his clients after a transaction has concluded and continues to advise them on industry, regulatory and market changes that affect their companies and operations. Many of Larry’s clients have worked with him for decades.
CEOs and other senior executives trust Larry to represent them in their executive compensation, severance and retirement negotiations because he has significant experience with public and private company governance and reporting issues that relate to 21st century executive compensation.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Taxation Section
- Former Chair, Partnership and Real Estate Committee
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
- Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Houston Chapter
- Director, General Counsel Forum, Houston Division
- Patron, Houston Museum of Fine Arts
- Member, Gulf Coast Conservation Association
- Member, Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Member, Houston Zoological Society
Honors & Awards
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers® in America (Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith eds., Woodward/White Inc.)
- Corporate Law (2009-2018)
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners)
- Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) (Nationwide) (2010-2016)
- Recognized, The Legal 500 United States
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts - M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) (2012)
- Recognized, Who's Who in Energy, Houston Business Journal (2011-2014)
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, (1977)
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, (1976)
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (1974)
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, (1972)
- Texas State Courts (1976)
- Texas (1976)