Joanna A. White is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice. Her practice is focused on acquisition, disposition, leasing and finance of various asset classes, including, but not limited to, multi-family, office (including medical office), retail shopping centers and vacant land (including timber).
- Represented affiliates of Starwood Capital in connection with a $185 million sale of a seven office portfolio located in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with real estate aspects of multiple commercial loans, in amounts ranging from approximately $20 million to $35 million, secured by a newly constructed apartment complex in Broward County, Florida, an existing apartment complex in Wisconsin, and an office tower in Tampa, Florida
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with an approximately $12 million timber loan, secured by approximately 8,000 acres of timber and development property across five counties in Georgia and Tennessee
- Represented affiliates of Starwood Capital in connection with a sale of the historic Ft. Lauderdale Sheraton, formerly known as the Yankee Clipper Hotel, and in connection with the sale of the Westin Beach Resort & Spa, located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Represented an affiliate of Greenfield Partners in connection with its $78 million acquisition of the Wells Fargo Center, a landmark 389,000 square foot, 22-story Class A office tower, with a 9-story attached garage, located in downtown Tampa, Florida
- Represented AgReserves, Inc., a for-profit affiliate of the Mormon Church, in connection with a $565,000,000 acquisition from The St. Joe Company of approximately 384,000 acres of timberland in the Florida panhandle
- Represented family office of a Forbes 50 member in $700+ million acquisition of timberland in the southeast U.S.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition and disposition of multiple medical office buildings and surgery centers
Ms. White obtained her law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2007), where she earned special departmental honors in legal research and writing, and appellate advocacy and received book awards in sales, secured transactions, medical technology, and estates and trusts. She was also elected to Order of Coif. Ms. White was a member of the Florida Journal of International Law, where she had a case comment published. Ms. White is a graduate of Duke University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2004).
Ms. White is admitted to practice in Florida Bar. She is a member of the Florida Bar, the Urban Land Institute, and the Jacksonville Bar Association.
She is conversational in Polish.
Ms. White was co-author of an article that appeared in the April 5, 2010 issue of the Delaware Corporate Litigation Reporter titled "Special Litigation Committee's Recommendation Rejected Amid Concerns Regarding Independence And Reasonableness of Investigation."