The topics for discussion include:
- Patent legislation, both from the standpoint of a critical analysis of pending bills and whether other legislation may better reach the results sought;
- Section 101 patent eligibility after Bilski, Prometheus, and Myriad; the law of obviousness post KSR;
- De novo review of claim construction rulings;
- The implications of the Medtronic case now before the Supreme Court on patent licensing in the wake of Medimmune;
- The impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Fresenius v. Baxter on patent validity challenges; and
- The ITC’s domestic industry requirement; and proposed reform of appellate jurisdiction in patent cases.
09 April 2024 Events
Lunch and Learn: Preparing for Your Future Business Transition
Foley & Lardner LLP and Journey Consulting are partnering to offer an exclusive, small intimate group Lunch & Learn interactive roundtable discussion on April 9, 2024.
21 May 2024 Events
Strategies for Working with and Discharging Homeless Populations
On May 21, Foley partners Anil Shankar, Adam Hepworth, and Claire Marblestone are speaking in one of Hospital Association of Southern California’s 2024 Annual Meeting Breakout Sessions. Their presentation is titled “Strategies for Working with and Discharging Homeless Populations.”
21 February 2024 Legal News: Employee Benefits Insights
Diving Into SECURE 2.0: IRS Issues Guidance to Expand Access to 401(k) Savings for Long-Term Part-Time Employees
In this article, we discuss the proposed regulations that were recently published, covering SECURE 2.0’s expanded access to 401(k) plan savings for certain long-term part-time employees.