Spotlight: Implications of Just Published New PTAB Rules
The use of inter partes review (IPR) to challenge bio/pharma patents has grown significantly — with the number nearly doubling in 2015 alone. While relatively few of them have reached final decisions, what gives some challengers the winning edge?
Please join our experienced attorneys for a discussion on the key challenges you could face with your next IPR, as well as your overall strategies for patent litigation and enforcement, and how to prepare to address them.
- Determining trends based on the first 105+ bio/pharma IPR petitions to be filed
- Discovering the most vulnerable types of bio/pharma patents
- Learning how to prosecute bio/pharma patents to withstand IPR
- Employing tactics to help prevent an institution decision
- Understanding more about biosimilar and biologics-related IPRs
- Reviewing updates on PTAB rule changes
Stephen Maebius, Partner, IP Department, Foley & Lardner LLP
Kristel Schorr, Partner and Chair, Chemical, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Practice, Foley & Lardner LLP
Etsuo Doi, Managing Partner, Tokyo Office, Foley & Lardner LLP