2019 was a year for the record books at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), which saw landmark decisions at the Federal Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court, revisions to practice and procedures, developments in patent eligibility, as well as guidance in retroactively invalidating patents.
Join seasoned Foley attorneys as they discuss the year’s major developments and how they may impact practice before the PTAB going forward.
Specific topics will include:
- 2019 Trends and Statistics
- Recalibrating IPR Strategy Post-SAS
- Constitutionality of PTAB Judges
- Motion to Amend Pilot Program (started March 15, 2019) and Interim Decisions on Motion to Amend
- State Sovereign Immunity
- Appeal of Institution Decision
- Retroactively Invalidating Patents
- Patent Eligibility for Life Science Companies – PTAB Trial Practice Guide (Updated July 2019)
- Real Party in Interest (RPI): What’s Next?
CLE credits will be applied for in all applicable states. This activity is pending approval by the State Bar of California in the amount up to 1.0 general credits. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must log in to the web portion on the date of the event and answer the CLE polling question; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the webinar via email.
This program is appropriate for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.