Tanner Camp is a senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is based in Salt Lake City, where he is a member of the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Labor and Employment practice groups. He represents businesses, government entities, and individuals in complex legal matters involving contract and trade secrets disputes, business torts, fraud, and discrimination claims.
Tanner also has experience representing clients in complex environmental actions, navigating internal and government investigations, and providing guidance on contract compliance and employment issues. He litigates in front of state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies.
Before joining Foley, Tanner worked as an associate at a national law firm in Salt Lake City and a litigation boutique in Southern California. He also served as a law clerk to Judge Michael W. Mosman of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
- Successfully argued and defended against several motions in both state and federal court, including a dispositive motion seeking dismissal of state-law fraud claims, a motion for TRO regarding an alleged theft of trade secrets, an ex parte motion seeking an extension of time to serve a summons and complaint, and a motion for protective order regarding the disclosure of sensitive business communications.
- First chaired several offensive and defensive depositions in a complex environmental action stemming from a mine blowout, including a 30(b)(6) deposition of a subsidiary of a multibillion-dollar global mining company.
- Negotiated the terms of a multimillion-dollar settlement in an action brought by a bank under the California Voidable Transactions Act.
- Achieved a complete dismissal of claims by an ambulances services company against a municipality regarding licenses for paramedic services
- Negotiated the terms of a favorable settlement agreement in a California action brought by a former employee against her employer.
- Drafted substantive briefs for matters in state and federal court, including motions for summary judgment, an opposition to a motion for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, demurrers, motions to compel, and mediation briefs.
- Managed discovery — including large-scale document collection and production, written discovery, and depositions — for several complex legal matters.
- Leadership Committee Member, And Justice For All, Salt Lake City, Utah (2023–present)
- Volunteer, Sobriety Foundation, Salt Lake City, Utah (2021–present)
- Volunteer, Touch of Love Works (homeless aid charity), Santa Ana, California (2018–2020)
- Pro bono volunteer, Utah County Public Defender’s Office (2014)
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Why Employers Should Heed High Court Web Designer Ruling,” Law360 (August 23, 2023)