Jay Erens is a transactional and litigation lawyer with 63 years of continuous experience in representing individuals and various forms of business entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, in a variety of complex business and financial matters. Within those areas, he counsels on a broad range of activities, including the structuring and implementation of business and financial transactions, as well as litigation relating to those activities. Jay is a partner in the firm’s Commercial Transactions & Business Counseling and Transactional & Securities Practices.
Jay’s activities touch on many areas of the law, including mergers and acquisitions, tax planning for transactions and operating businesses, real estate, secured transactions, securities regulation, bankruptcy, and estate planning. He focuses on the totality of a client’s legal needs, providing comprehensive services and the skills of himself and others in the manner that will most effectively meet clients’ objectives.
Awards and Recognition
- Peer Review Rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- Member of the American Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2006, 2010-2024)
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who in America
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006 and 2007 Illinois Super Lawyers®
- Named one of the Leading Lawyers in Illinois by the Leading Lawyers Network in the categories of closely and privately held business law, real estate law – commercial and real estate law – finance*