Andrew E. Rawlins is a partner and transactional lawyer with over 30 years of experience in intellectual property, focusing his practice on technology-intensive matters. He is a member of the Health Care & Life Sciences Sector and the Automotive Industry Team.
Andrew structures and negotiates technology agreements to create business relationships between companies that leverage technology and create synergistic opportunities. Using his experience and focus on technology transactions, he works with clients to identify critical issues and efficiently complete deals. Throughout his career, he has assisted clients with other strategic intellectual-property issues, such as due diligence in commercial transactions, patent procurement and portfolio management, and opinions on validity and infringement.
His practice is informed by his prior experience as a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office and having conducting patent litigation, including trials and arguments before various trial courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Andrew has particular experience in a variety of technology fields, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, automotive, and consumer electronics.
Awards and Recognition
- Recommended in the categories of patent licensing and transactional (2014 and 2015) and patent portfolio management and licensing (2016) by The Legal 500
- Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system
- Selected as a finalist for Washington Business Journal’s 2008 Top Washington Lawyers awards program
- Advisory board member for BNA’s Medical Devices Law & Industry Report
- Former member of the intellectual property advisory board for Law360
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association