Aline Silva has extensive experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, and regulatory matters, as well as antitrust and financing. She began her legal career as a law clerk for four years, and then became an associate for an American law firm headquartered in Mexico City.
Aline is a member of the Transactions Practice Group.
- Acquisition of pawn shops in Mexico by an American pawnshop company in Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador for US$45m.
- Acquisition by a private capital fund of a company dedicated to the construction of refrigeration equipment and chillers for MXN 40m.
- Acquisition by one of the largest dairy production and marketing companies in Mexico of a dairy production family company located in San Luis Potosí.
- Participation in the joint investment of a Chinese vehicle brand for the commercialization in Mexico of personal use vehicles.
- Participation in the negotiation with one of the most important companies of leasing of co-working spaces, in order to open and operate a new building located in Mexico City.
- Provided direct advice as external counsel for one of the largest and most important department stores in Mexico, in the reviewing and counseling on all type of contracts with national and foreign suppliers, construction contracts, financing for the expansion of shopping centers, and all other contracts related to the day-to-day operation of such company.
- Preparation of the annual report in accordance with the Circular Única de Bancos and la Circular Única de Casas de Bolsa of a multiple banking institution and of its respective brokerage company.
- Incorporation and compliance of multi-purpose financial companies, under a non-regulated regime (Sociedades Financieras de Objeto Múltiple No Reguladas).
- Participation in the development of a natural gas pipeline project carried out by a Mexican company, which was awarded with such bidding by the Federal Electricity Commission. The project comprised the construction and operation of the natural gas pipeline that transports natural gas from Chihuahua to Texas, and was the largest natural gas pipeline in Mexico located in the state of Chihuahua with a value of more than US$440m in its construction.
- Incorporation of a niche bank in Mexico: participation in the planning and preparation of all the documents required by the National Banking and Securities Commission and Bank of Mexico for the transformation of a multi-purpose financial company into a banking institution, which will operate as a niche bank. The authorization for the opening and operation of such bank was issued in May 2014.
- Participation in the restructure of one of the most important consulting communication companies in Mexico.
*Matters were handled prior to joining Foley & Lardner México. S.C.