Are You a Tele-Difference Maker? Let Foley Know How.
Foley is exhibiting at the American Telemedicine Association Annual Conference and Expo and we want to hear from you. Stop by booth 1927 and let us know how you are making a “tele-difference.” Your visit to the Foley booth will be time well spent as you will help support The MAVEN Project. For everyone that stops by and tells us how you are making a “tele-difference,” Foley will make a donation to The MAVEN Project to support volunteer physicians caring for underserved populations.
In addition, Foley Partner Nathaniel Lacktman, Chair of the firm’s Telemedicine Industry Team and Co-Chair of the firm’s Digital Health Group, will be a speaker at the event.
The American Telemedicine Association is the leading international resource and advocate promoting the use of advanced remote medical technologies. ATA works to fully integrate telemedicine into transformed health care systems to improve quality, equity and affordability of healthcare throughout the world. To learn more and register for this event, visit the ATA2018 Conference website. Information on Mr. Lacktman's presentations can be found below.
Legal Issues for Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine Entrepreneurs
Mr. Lacktman will presenting on “Legal Issues for Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine Entrepreneurs” on Monday, April 30 at 1:45 PM.
Building a direct-to-consumer telemedicine service that serves customers across state and even national boundaries? Learn what you need to know about legal requirements for selling health services and items. Explore corporate structure, prescribing, investors and physician owners, state and federal fraud laws, contracting with pharmacies and labs, and online privacy and e-commerce rules essential to compliant direct-to-consumer services. Understand how to conduct your own due diligence and come away with sound compliance strategies.
- Understand and appreciate the key legal and regulatory rules for direct-to-patient telemedicine services across the United States
- Conduct their own due diligence and identify legal requirements for their telemedicine company, as well as effective compliance strategies to address them
- Engage in meaningful discussion of legal and regulatory issues specifically tailored to direct-to-patient entrepreneurs
Know the Rules—Telemedicine Law and Contracting
Mr. Lacktman will be presenting “Know the Rules—Telemedicine Law and Contracting” on Sunday, April 29, 2018 from 7:45 AM – 10:45 AM.
This half-day, advanced level, provider-oriented course will help attendees understand the legal and regulatory issues you need to know when providing telemedicine services. Participants will learn about contract structures, business models, compensation methodologies, fraud and abuse, billing and coding compliance and patient-facing service lines. Gain real-world perspectives and strategies on these topics as well as on financing and investment options for telemedicine entrepreneurs.
- Understand the full landscape of legal and regulatory issues that apply to a telemedicine provider company, whether a consumer start-up, an established hospital system, or a growing medical group
- Identify important risk areas for their telemedicine services and companies, as well as appropriate compliance strategies, which extend beyond just medical board rules
- Have a solid understanding, including robust Q&A and handouts, of the core regulatory, contracting, and payment issues facing telemedicine providers, as well as solutions to address them