Foley invites you to join us for the next installment of our Energy Bootcamp Series, which will examine Buying and Investing in Energy Projects in Mexico and Latin America.
With the recent reform of the Mexican energy sector, interest in energy projects in Mexico is at an all-time high. In addition, significant renewable energy projects are advancing across the region, from Chile to Peru and from Central America to the Caribbean. As the number of projects increases, so does the need for capital. Among other topics, this Web conference will address common investment structures and strategies, considerations that can contribute to a successful acquisition or joint venture, and common mistakes.
- Background of energy reform
- Common investment structures
- Considerations that can contribute to a successful joint venture
- Seven common mistakes in cross-border M&A
- Due diligence and performance considerations
- Items to consider when selecting a PV site in Mexico
Who Should Attend
- Developers and investors from the United States, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, and Europe
- Local project owners and developers seeking additional capital investment
- Contractors, suppliers, and strategic partners seeking to further penetrate Latin America
- Francisco J. Cerezo, Partner and Chair, Latin America Practice, Foley
- Jeffery R. Atkin, Partner and Chair, Latin America Energy Team, Foley
- Alejo Lopez, Mexico Country Manager, Hanwha Q CELLS
- Iñaki Herrero Arregui, U.S. Country Manager, Enertis Solar S.L.
- Miguel Jáuregui Rojas, Partner, Jáuregui, Navarette y Del Valle, S.C.
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of one General credit. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must log in to both the teleconference and Adobe Connect portions on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.
There is no cost to participate in this program, but pre-registration is required. We look forward to having you join us. For more information, please contact Zulaikha Rahim at zrahim foley.com.