Partner Ed Burbach presented on “Suits Against the Government” at the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section’s Advanced Civil Appellate Practice Annual Course on Friday, September 7, 2018, in Austin, Texas.
Topics Burbach covered include:
- “Dillon’s Rule” and the proposition that municipalities are subordinate to state government
- The Demise of Home Rule/Local Control
- The Denton Fracking Ban
- Clean Air Development Policies for the City of Houston
- Red Light Camera Ordinances
- The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code
- Sanctuary Cities
- Plastic Bag Bans
- Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) Bans
For more information, please visit the program brochure.