Christopher D. Bourne is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Boston Office, where he is a member of the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital and Transactions Practices and the Health Care, Life Sciences and Technology Industry Teams.
His practice focuses on a variety of complex corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments and corporate reorganizations for corporate and private equity clients, as well as providing general corporate representation of both public and private companies.
Prior to returning to Foley in 2021, Christopher was an associate and early member of the Boston office of a global law firm, where he focused on complex corporate and transactional matters for private equity clients and their portfolio companies and also served as seconded corporate counsel to one of the world’s leading middle-market private equity sponsors.
While in law school, Christopher was a graduate fellow for Suffolk University Sawyer Business School’s Department of Business Law & Ethics and among other posts was a judicial extern to Magistrate Judge Brian A. Tsuchida of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- 3i Group plc and its bioprocessing consumables platform in its acquisition of Sani-Tech West, Inc. from its founders*
- 3i Group plc in its acquisition of Magnitude Software, Inc. from Audax Group*
- 3i Group plc and its portfolio company, Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc., in its acquisition of Thodacon*
- ABRY Partners in its growth investment in AdSwerve*
- Caterpillar Venture Capital in its minority investment in busybusy
- Carbonite, Inc. in its acquisition of Evault, Inc. from Seagate Technology
- CELLINK AB in its acquisition of Discover Echo Inc.
- CELLINK AB in its acquisition of MatTek Corporation
- CELLINK AB in its acquisition of Visikol, Inc.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of SubCom, LLC from TE Connectivity*
- Constant Therapy in its sale to Digital Health Corp
- Digital Guardian in its acquisition of Code Green Networks
- Dunes Point Capital, LP in its acquisition of Specialty Products and Insulation from Foundation Building Materials, Inc.*
- Dunes Point Capital, LP in its sale of Artisan Design Group to The Sterling Group*
- FFCM, LLC in connection with its recapitalization and the sale of a majority interest to AGF Management Limited
- Housatonic Partners in its acquisition of FIMC
- Housatonic Partners in its sale of Fastener Distribution Holdings to Audax Group
- Housatonic Partners in its investment in Calo Programs
- Housatonic Partners in its acquisition of Universal Gaming Group
- Nexstar Media Group in its acquisition of BestReviews LLC from its founders and Tribune Publishing Company*
- Private automotive technology company in connection with its recapitalization and convertible debt offering
- Private technology company in connection with multiple rounds of convertible debt and venture debt financings
- RBC Bearings Incorporated in its sale of Avborne Accessory Group, Inc. to AerSale, Inc.*
- Silversmith Capital Partners in its growth equity investment in Venminder*
- Singapore Post Ltd in its acquisition of TradeGlobal Holdings from Bregal Sagemount
- Summit Partners in its acquisition of Metro Tech Services from Reedy Industries*
- Summit Partners in its acquisition of Teaching Strategies from L Squared Capital Partners*
- TZP Group is its acquisition of Quest Events from Goldner, Hawn, Johnson & Morrison and Tonka Bay Equity Partners*
- Wafra Investment Advisory Group in its secondary sale of nine portfolio companies*
- Windjammer Capital Investors in its acquisition of Rowmark LLC from Bertram Capital*
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to rejoining Foley.
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Corporate Law (2021-2022)
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Dean’s List
- Secretary, Business Law Association
- Suffolk University Sawyer School of Management (M.B.A.)
- Research Assistance to Executive-in-Residence, Business Law & Ethics Department
- Northeastern University (B.A., cum laude)