Since 1975, Richard H. Casper has acted as a counselor on the full spectrum of commercial matters affecting businesses, including licensing, purchasing/selling, lending, distribution/agency, and bankruptcy. He is a partner and corporate lawyer with the firm's Finance & Financial Institutions Practice and is former chair of the Commercial Transactions & Business Counseling Practice. Rich is also a member of the firm’s Distribution & Franchise Practice and the Food & Beverage Industry Team.
Rich regularly represents manufacturers and vendors of a diverse array of goods and services, including agricultural implements, food and other consumer products, printing, software, tools, electronic equipment, and manufacturing equipment.
- US$80bn milk output supply contract.
- Joint research and development agreement with IBM.
- Reciprocal farm implement distribution agreement between U.S. and European manufacturers.
- Rich frequently presents to trade and lawyers groups on commercial contracts, sales law, distribution, bankruptcy, and antitrust law.
- He is the general editor of and authored the chapter on United States distribution law for International Agency and Distribution Agreements (2010), published by LexisNexis, and wrote chapters on commissioned agency agreements in the Commerce Clearing House treatise Product Distribution Law Guide (2009) and the Practical Law Company International Sales and Marketing Practice Manual (2010).
- Peer review rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (1987-2023).
- Northwestern University (JD, cum laude, 1975)
- Order of the Coif
- Editorial board of the Northwestern University Law Review.
- Bowdoin College (AB, magna cum laude, 1972)