Amy Ciepluch is a member of the Firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice. Ms. Ciepluch works closely with employers on the design, drafting and ongoing legal compliance of their retirement, executive compensation and health and welfare programs.
- Working with a mid-sized publicly traded manufacturing company to successfully implement two pension plan derisking programs -- a lump sum window and plan “spin/term” followed by an annuity purchase
- Designing and drafting an equity incentive plan and deferred compensation plan for a newly publicly traded company
- Assisting a large private manufacturing company with medical plan strategy and design changes designed to avoid Affordable Care Act pay or play penalties
- Counseling a large nonprofit organization on strategy for reducing a Department of Labor penalty assessment, leading related communications, and negotiation and compiling a related Internal Revenue Service voluntary correction program filing
- Advising a large retail company on day to day health and welfare plan compliance issues, such as issues involving open enrollment, election changes, plan design changes and vendor errors, via a health plan hotline arrangement
Ms. Ciepluch earned her law degree from the Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000), where she was law review managing editor (1999-2000). She graduated from University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (B.A., 1997).
Ms. Ciepluch is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2012–2017: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law)
Ms. Ciepluch is admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
Ms. Ciepluch is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin; the Milwaukee Bar Association; the Wisconsin Retirement Plan Professionals; and the National Association for Stock Plan Professionals. She is also a board member emeritus of the National Association for Stock Plan Professionals, Wisconsin Chapter.
- Author, "Out-of-Pocket Maximums May Need to Change to Comply With New Guidance," BizTimes.com (June 16, 2015)
- Author, "IRS Gives Good Directions on ACA Cadillac Tax," Law360 (March 25, 2015)
- Presenter, "Legal and ACA Issues Impacting Onsite Clinics," National Association of Worksite Health Centers (March 06, 2014)
- Presenter, "Employer Shared Responsibility - Time for Action," Wisconsin Hospital Association, Inc. Forum (April 23, 2014)
- Author, "Confused Employers Post-Windsor, Here are Some Answers," Law360 (September 04, 2013)
- Presenter, "Hot Topics for Employers Under the PPACA – Employer Shared Responsibility," Wisconsin Hospital Association, Inc. Member Forum (July 25, 2013)
- Presenter, "Health Care Reform Update: Measuring Hours and Determining Affordability Under the Pay or Play Rules, Plus Other Hot Topics," Business Health Care Group of Southeast Wisconsin's Large Employer Group (March 27, 2013)
- Presenter, "The Affordable Care Act: A Closer Look," TEC 19 (February 14, 2013)
- Presenter, "What Health Care Reform Means for Employers," Business Health Care Group of Southeast Wisconsin (January 01, 2010)
- Presenter, "What Health Care Reform Means for Employers," Milwaukee Bar Association (January 01, 2010)