Chris Deskin is a trust and estate planning attorney whose primary focus is helping corporate executives, closely held business owners, entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals with their estate planning needs. Chris’ practice encompasses a broad range of estate planning, probate, charitable planning, asset protection planning, estate litigation, business entity formation, business succession planning and other sophisticated private wealth planning issues. He also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration services matters.
Clients rely on Chris for counsel regarding:
- Development and implementation of a broad range of estate plans, including the preparation of sophisticated wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts and related documents to accomplish for the disposition of their estates and to minimize exposure to transfer taxes.
- Implementation of a variety of lifetime estate planning techniques, including grantor retained annuity trusts, sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts and qualified personal residence trusts.
- Formation, operation and transfer of family business and property ventures, including family limited partnerships.
- Preparation and filing of federal estate and gift tax returns.
- Administration of estates, including the probate of wills and the preparation of estate settlement agreements.
- Trust administrations services, including tax reporting requirements and the interpretation and construction of trust provisions.
- Marital property planning, including the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Asset protection planning.
- Business succession planning.
Prior to joining Foley, Chris worked as an audit associate at an international audit, tax and advisory firm.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Licensed, Certified Public Accountant, State of Texas
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (2005), with honors
- M.P.A., The University of Texas at Austin (2000), with honors
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin (2000), with honors
- Texas State Courts (2005)