Craig Florence is a senior trial and corporate litigation lawyer who represents private and public companies in their most complicated and contentious business divorces. With more than 30 years of commercial litigation experience handling fiduciary duty lawsuits, trade secret claims, intellectual property disputes and fraud claims, Craig has an intimate understanding of business litigation in all its forms and has obtained substantial judgments and awards.
Frequently hired for post-acquisition disputes, Craig brings a sophisticated level of understanding of how transactions are consummated. He works closely with corporate lawyers to identify leverage and to assess allocation of risk. Craig also has significant appellate litigation experience, arguing before the Federal Circuit, the Fifth Circuit, the Texas Supreme Court, and the Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio Court of Appeals, among others.
Craig has represented a range of clients, including:
- Barry Callebaut AG
- BearCom Group Inc.
- Brach's Confections Inc.
- Denton County Electric Cooperative Inc.
- Elite Surgical Affiliates
- Enterprise Financial Group, Inc.
- GameStop Inc.
- HeartPlace PA
- Heeling Sports Ltd.
- Longview Energy Co.
- Private Equity Partners Inc.
- Quanex Building Products Corp.
- Southcross Energy Partners LP
- Southwest Agri-Plastics Inc.
- Vaisala Oyj
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, The William 'Mac' Taylor American Inn of Court
- Former Chair, Aid to the Homeless Committee, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Austin College Board of Trustees
- Member, Board of Directors, Carter BloodCare (Former Chairman)
- Member, Texas Appleseed Board of Directors
- Former Member, Dallas Citizens Council
- Former Member and Officer, Austin College Alumni Board
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Preservation Dallas
- Graduate, Dallas Regional Chamber®, Leadership Dallas
- Former Co-Chair, Jingle Bell Run
- Former Co-Chair, Dallas Loft Tour
- Honorary Board Member, Briana Haley Foundation
Honors & Awards
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners)
- Litigation: General Commercial (2016)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers® in America (Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith eds., Woodward/White Inc.)
- Commercial Litigation (2014-2020)
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Business Litigation (2006-2020)
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1987)
- Austin College (B.A., with honors, 1984)
- Texas (1987)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2020) and Fifth Circuit (1990)