Federico Goudie is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Federico is based in the firm’s Miami office, where he is a member of both the firm’s Finance and Transactions Practice Groups.
Federico has over twenty years of experience advising companies and government entities, particularly those in Latin America, on a wide array of corporate matters. He advises international financial institutions, multinational corporations, and sovereigns in capital markets transactions and structured and trade financings, project financings, and derivative transactions. In addition, he counsels his clients in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, and general corporate and commercial matters.
- Represented TechOps, an Aeromexico and Delta joint venture for the operation of a MRO facility in Mexico, in connection with an agreement to grant MRO Holdings, one of America’s largest MRO providers, access to TechOps’ capacity for a period of ten years.
- Represented SPAC Isos Acquisition Corp. in its US$2.6 billion IPO merger with Bowlero Corp. that took the world’s largest owner and operator of bowling centers public.
- Represented financial advisory firm Geller & Co. in connection with the sale of Geller’s outsourced CFO and business services division to Bloomberg LP.
- Represented Paraguay in all sovereign bonds issuance beginning in 2017, including its emergency US$ 1 billion issuance to raise funds for the country’s fight against COVID-19 and its 2021 sovereign bond issuance and concurrent “switch” tender offer, the first ever for the country.
- Represented the Central Bank of Paraguay in a landmark currency swap agreement with the International Finance Corporation.
- Represented U.K. sports and fashion retailer JD Sports Fashion in the acquisition of U.S. athletic footwear, apparel, and accessories retailer DTLR Villa.
- Represented the trustee and collateral agent in a $1.9 billion project financing for the construction, development and operation of an open pit gold/copper product mine in Chile
- Represented the shareholders of BAC Florida Bank, controlled by Grupo Pellas in the sale of the Coral Gables-based bank to Brazil’s Banco Bradesco for $500 million.
- Represented PricewaterhouseCoopers in the establishment of a joint venture in Argentina for outsourced services.
- Represented Brazilian media giant Grupo Globo in connection with investments in two Latin American tech startups – Brazilian online fashion marketplace Enjoei and Colombian online delivery company Rappi.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- Part of deal team recognized with “Financial Services Deal of the Year” at The Deal Awards (2021)
- Named among Latinvex’s “Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers.” (2021)
- Lead attorney in deal named “Infrastructure Financing Deal of the Year” by LatinFinance (2020)
- Named “Client Service All-Star” by BTI Consulting Group (2020)
- Recognized in Latin Lawyer 250 for his work in Latin America (2020)
- New York University School of Law (JD, 1997)
- Florida State University (BA, magna cum laude, 1994)