Michelle Ku, a member of Foley Gardere’s litigation team, is a former television sportscaster and teacher who uses her experience and training to create a courtroom presence that commands the attention of both juries and judges alike. Michelle uses her skills as a highly effective communicator to procure favorable rulings and verdicts for her clients. Her ability to find common ground with the other side also improves chances of resolving cases, when possible, without litigation.
Michelle’s practice focuses on representing clients in arbitration, complex civil litigation, and appeals. Michelle is involved in all aspects of a case from inception through completion, including motion practice, written discovery, depositions, hearings, settlement negotiations, trial and client management and counseling.
Michelle served as a law clerk to the Hon. Catharina Haynes for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. She is conversationally proficient in Korean.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Barrister, The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (2018)
- Associate, The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (2017-2018)
- Member, Dallas Regional Chamber Young Professionals (YP)
Honors & Awards
- Honored, Dallas Top 50 Women Lawyers Award, Texas Diversity Council (2018)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2018)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, (2010), with high honors
- Staff Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Chancellor-at-Large, Chancellors Honor Society
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Co-President, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Vice Magister, Phi Delta Phi
- B.A., The University of California at Los Angeles, (2005), magna cum laude
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit