Aldo Mendoza is a tax and general business lawyer with extensive experience in tax litigation, administrative litigation and tax consultancy for a wide range of industry sectors. Aldo has handled administrative law actions, nullity actions, amparo actions, and appeals of reconsideration, review, revocation and rehearing. His appeals practice tends to focus on tax litigation and administrative litigation, including trademarks, government procurement, foreign trade and customs.
Aldo has a history of obtaining important provisional remedies, suspensions and security measures in a variety of settings and legal proceedings. He has also participated in several different challenges of local and federal laws through constitutional remedy (juicio de amparo), in which the Mexican courts have agreed that the statutes were unconstitutional.
He represents clients in municipal, local and federal procedures, and has represented them before the Supreme Court of Justice, federal trial courts, federal tax and administrative law courts and local administrative law courts.
Aldo's clients have included:
- Bupa Insurance Co.
- ClubCorp Inc.
- Comdisco de México S.A. de C.V.
- Dalkia Energía y Servicios S.A. de C.V.
- Dril-Quip Inc.
- Ediciones Castillo S.A. de C.V.
- Enlace INT S.A. de C.V.
- Grupo Axo
- HDI Gerling de México S.A. de C.V.
- Herbalife Ltd.
- Hule y Silicón S.A. de C.V.
- Leeco Steel LLC
- Sanofi Aventis de México S.A. de C.V.
- Tesco Corp.
- U-Storage de México S.A. de C.V.
- World Acceptance Corp.
- EF Johnson Technologies Inc.
- KCA Deutag Drilling Ltd.
- TTI Inc.
- IDEXX Laboratories Inc.
- Brightstar de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- Ford Motor Credit de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., Sofom
- Alex Musical, S.A. de C.V.
- GTECH Corp.
- Assistant professor of Tax Law in JD, Universidad Iberoamericana
Honors & Awards
- Recognized, The Legal 500 Latin America
- Honorific Mention, Universidad Panamericana (2012)
- Academic Excellence, Universidad Iberoamericana (2009)
- J.D., Universidad Iberoamericana, (2007), with highest honors
- Escuela Libre de Derecho
- Advanced Studies, Tax Law
- Universidad Panamericana, (2012), with highest honors
- Advanced Studies, Constitutional Litigation (Juicio de Amparo)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México and The Duke University
- Advanced Studies, International Tax Law
- Additional Legal Education
- Federal Tax and Administrative Court and the National College of District Judges and Circuit Magistrates of the Federal Judicial Power Symposium: Preventive Measures and Suspension of the Act in the Administrative Proceedings (2006)
- Mexican Bar Association Professional Studies: Proceedings Pertaining to Constitutional Protections (Juicio de Amparo), Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. (2008)