Davis Mosmeyer is a litigation attorney at Foley & Lardner LLP. Davis represents plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex commercial disputes, including commercial, environmental, trade secrets, Texas Anti-SLAPP and Defamation Mitigation Act, oil and gas and distribution and franchise litigation. He has handled cases in federal and state courts throughout the country including Texas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana and New Mexico.
Davis also counsels clients in the e-sports industry, advising industry participants on best-practices, contest rules and media licensing issues in this emerging market.
Prior to joining the firm, Davis completed a judicial externship with Federal Magistrate Judge Jeff Manske in the Western District of Texas, where he drafted reports and recommendations on misappropriation of trade secret claims and habeas corpus petitions.
- Represented an aerospace manufacturing client in environmental litigation resulting in a favorable settlement
- Represented a textile manufacturing client in business disparagement litigation resulting in the early dismissal of all claims
- Represented clients in bankruptcy adversary proceedings that successfully avoided fraudulent transfers
- Represented clients by taking and defending depositions and assisted clients in preparing for depositions
Pro Bono Service
- Representing asylum applicants in proceedings before the Immigration Court, Board of Immigration Appeals and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Counseling military veterans through legal clinics held at the Department of Veterans Affairs Hospital
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, (2017)
- Author, Law Review Article, 69 Baylor L. Rev. xxx, "Ubi Jus Ibi Remedium: The Gap in Texas Courts' Protection of Mineral Owners Against Unpermitted Seismic Exploration Without Physical Entry"
- Senior Executive Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Brief Writer, Baylor's 2015 Pepperdine Law Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition Team
- B.A., The University of Texas at Dallas, (2013), summa cum laude
- Texas (2017)
- Northern District of Texas (2019)