Rachel K. O'Neil is a skilled litigator who represents clients in a variety of complex legal matters including disputes related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, class action, securities, fraud, negligence, and products liability. She represents both plaintiffs and defendants in the financial services, energy, manufacturing, insurance, healthcare, food and beverage, hospitality, construction, and retail industries. Over her career, Rachel has obtained +$100 million in judgments in favor of her clients.
Although she specializes in litigation, Rachel is recognized by clients and colleagues as a general problem solver. She creates value by identifying ways to avoid unnecessary legal cost and to manage litigation risk and has often resolved disputes prior to litigation. For these reasons, Rachel serves as outside general counsel to several companies in the manufacturing, retail, and food and beverage industries. She has advised several successful startups.
Clients describe Rachel as a reliable, accessible, and creative problem solver.
Prior to joining Foley, Rachel served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert L. Jones, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Recognized, 2019 and 2020 Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine
- Recognized, 2019 Texas’s Outstanding Young Women Lawyers
- Recognized, 2014–2020 Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers magazine for Business Litigation
- Member, Texas Verdict Hall of Fame (2013)
- Led trial team that obtained $10 million jury verdict in favor of food industry client against poultry manufacturers for supply of thousands of pounds of “boneless” chicken containing bone, plastic, and metal. Click here to learn more.
- Co-chaired trial team that obtained +$100,000 jury verdict against automobile restoration company for deceptive trade practices in the restoration of client’s antique vehicle.
- Represented financial services firm in connection with workout of large loan portfolio
- Represent group of defrauded investors to recover from losses in tax, real estate, and securities fraud scheme.
- Serves as outside general counsel for food manufacturing, software, and custom boot manufacturing companies.
- Texas State Courts
- 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Member, SMU Law Review
- Chief, Civil Clinic
- President, Association for Public Interest Law
- President, Association for Law and Politics
- Vice President, Student Bar Association
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., with high honors, 2006)
- New Mexico Military Institute (A.A., with highest honors, 2004)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Volunteer, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Fellow, DAYL Foundation
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Former Co-Chair, DAYL Ask-A-Lawyer Committee
- Graduate, 2012 DAYL Leadership Class