This Web conference will summarize the general UBIT framework, including the rules for tax-exempt bond financing. Health care organizations come into contact with UBIT in a number of ways, including:
- Ancillary services provided to patients
- Services provided among affiliated groups
- Research activities
- Joint ventures
In addition to these types of UBIT situations, the presentation will address ways that may help health care organizations proactively address liability.
- Jason J. Kohout, Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Richard F. Riley, Jr., Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Lynette M. Zigman, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
CLE credits will be applied for in all applicable states. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of one General credit. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must log in to both the teleconference and Adobe Connect portions on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.